Tuesday 9 February 2010

Loo Roll Card with Aperture

Last Saturday I attended a workshop in which my friend Jayne was demonstrating how to recycle the inners of loo rolls and make into mini tag books.

Put the loo rolls through my Big Shot to crush them, 3 at a time and took enough to make a couple of the mini books. A thought came to me that wouldn't it look great if they had an aperture..... I got my only yellow Sizzix coloured die, which is a camera and this is the result. I put the paper over the roll first so that there was no problem lining up the apertures later.

Made the covers from a cereal box; used some shimmer sprays to cover the grey side and used the same paper that covered the loo roll to cover the coloured side of the card. Took this with me to the class and showed Jayne who thought this was a great idea and different to the ones she was demonstrating. On the day I made a more grungy version using the stamps from the last two Craft Stamper magazines. Can't upload any more of these in this post but will try to upload some onto my website when it is ready to launch.

Thank you for stopping by, comments appreciated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment