Wednesday 9 February 2011

Less Is More Challenge No.1

2011 is the year when i am going to learn how to do the ‘less is more’ type of card.  I was really pleased when i found a Blog called Less Is More Challenge Blog

This is my entry for their first challenge. Their chosen colour scheme is Black, White and Pink.   Not my colours of choice but this is what these challenges are all about…Used Woodware 3” Scallop Punch and a 2” Round Punch to make the flower, stamped with a background stamp from Flutterby Stamps (this stamp is one of my all time favourite stamped images), so very pretty and very versatile. The saying on the flower is one from the Elusive Images Thank You Plate.  The pink clear tape is from Prima Clearly IOD range. Used Distress Inks Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet to colour the flower and used Momento ink to stamp the wording. Finished off with a three acrylic flowers.

lessismore 01 Feb 2011 web

Hoping that my card is suitable  as i enjoyed leaving all that scary space… 

Thanks for dropping by :-)

5 comments:

  1. In time all that 'scary space' can become your friend and won't seem scary at all!
    I haven't seen that pink tape before it looks very interesting... I must investigate!
    Thank you SO much for choosing our first challenge as one of your first challenges, and I hope it will be the first of many!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flower - and there's lots of white space too. I think this is CAS!! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Soon white space will become your friend, embrace and find the joy in it :-)

    ReplyDelete