When i opened the December issue of Craft Stamper Magazine i saw a beautiful project called the ‘Advent Village’ by Gail Milburn. I have tried to find this lady but can’t seem to find her on any of the social networks. If anyone knows of her Blog address please could you let me know in the comment box below, thank you.
Didn’t realise how much work there would be in making one of these and started out trying to get three completed. I was lucky to finish one! (The other two will be completed and delivered for Christmas 2014 hopefully).
A lady from Twitter kindly let me have the dimensions of the die being used so i could cut similar sized shapes to the originals. (She knows who she is, thank you again!).
Once again i used some very old papers, perhaps some you might recognise, to cover the shapes and then printed out some contrasting ones to cover the roof areas.
Can give you a list of items i used to cover each shape, not necessarily the manufacturers, hope that is ok:
Used stamps from Anna Griffin, Dyan Reaveley and Stampotique.
Cut out numbers using different fonts from my Pazzle inspiration electronic die cutting machine as well as using chipboard numbers and some book page numbers.
Cut a few die shapes using my Sizzix Bigkick and some hand punches.
Sticky Back Blue Pearls
Pan Pastels including the metallics.
Lace and ribbon from old stash.
Washi tape from High Leigh Garden Centre.
Neat PVA glue to stick all the shapes together and attach the washi tape to make the village stand up and take shape.
If i have missed anything out from this list it is because there were so many layers and drying times it isn’t too easy to remember every little detail lol.
This project is worth the effort but does take time. I hope you have enjoyed my version of Gail Milburn’s amazing project.
Looking forward to your comments, thanks for dropping by