Friday 26 September 2014

SDC 166 Get your Spook On

Am getting to enjoy Halloween a little more each year but sadly this is not something celebrated locally so i enjoy vicariously through Blogland and everyone’s projects.

Over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog this week Carol has chosen to Get Her Spook On, this is what she has to say:

I love Halloween and as a crafter it can never start early enough. So for the challenge this week I am sneaking it in a week early. So I hope you have fun getting an early Spook on. Carol x

My card this week isn’t up to standard but am sharing anyway, thought if it looks bad it must be perfect for Halloween, not brilliant thinking lol, lets see if you agree.

P1070448

We open up with Picture Door from Stampotique which i cut out so it opens. Used kraft card as i love how the colours are slightly muted. Used Kaiserfusion Pens to colour the door and windows, use Sakura Pens to add a little bling to his t-shirt, the door handle and the door hinges.

P1070449

At the moment i am slightly obsessed with using up some of the mop up towel and tissue backgrounds i have, the background is one of the mop up tissues adhered with watered down pva glue.

The flower is one of my favourites from Memory Box called Chloe, the character is one of Lindsay Masons from her Doo Lally Pip range, she has been coloured, not successfully, with Kaiserfusion pens, struggle with alcohol pens. think i need to try something else…

P1070450 

Love this saying with it’s splodges, i use it a lot.

P1070451

The door is open and there is the young girl taking her bats for a walk alongside her pup.

As you can see not brilliant but i am hopeful it will make someone smile somewhere.

Thanks for dropping by.

xxx

13 comments:

  1. What a great picture story here! I think you have done an outstanding job creatively bringing together all sort of elements--like tissue paper background! A+ from me! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with the card M,it's fab and a little spooky perfect. Have you tried promarkers? They are brilliant,don't have any issues with them. Or try Inktense pencils,not alcohol based of course but really rich controllable colours. Actually,you'll know this already,sorry!

    Big hugs
    Have a great weekend

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me, perfectly spooky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you have acheived here and think it perfect for halloween. Cheer up and carry on crafting :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite hating bats (long story) I love your card! I think it is very creative, and the saying is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great MOH I love that the door has a door in it intriguing idea and who doesn't love a bright red door !! You are very kind and understanding I can't tell you how much I appreciate your lovely words, Thank you Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is great :)
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great Halloween make. Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique challenge this week. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's perfect Mo! Just have fun, that's what it's about! Love the door, so creative! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool, I LOVE interactive cards. Really fab. I'm the same, I kind of love making something for Halloween even if we don't actually celebrate here. Well actually as I've just moved I have no idea if people do the whole trick or treat thing here. Obviously we will have to get a ton of sweets just in case and then eat them all ourselves if no one comes around! Shame! :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and the quote is perfect! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely marvelous! I think this is great fun. I'm always a sucker for anything interactive and am a big fan of using used mop-up towels, etc. too.

    ReplyDelete